- Log on to the SharePoint server as the administrator.
- Open a command window and run the following command:
Stsadm --o export --url http://srv1/sitedirectory/it -includeusersecurity↩ --filename c:\bkup\it.bak
- Open the c:\bkup folder and verify that your backup file is there, along with a log file.
- Next, restore this file to the URL http://srv1/sitedirectory/sales/it:
Stsadm --o import --url http://srv1/sitedirectory/sales/it↩ -includeusersecurity --filename c:\bkup\it.bak
- Log on to the new site and verify that it works and that it has the same user permissions.